Why birds don't get electrocuted on electrical wires

Ad Code

Why birds don't get electrocuted on electrical wires

 On a bright sunny day, you can see a row of tiny birds on the power lines looking down at you. How can they sit on an electric wire and not get an electric shock? This is a good question, since you know that if you touched this wire yourself, you would probably receive a dangerous electric shock.

Why birds don't get electrocuted on electrical wires

What are the reasons why birds are not electrocuted when in direct contact with an electrical wire?

Electric shock is injury or death caused by electric shock. If birds on the electrical wire are not receiving an electric shock, this means they will not be electrocuted. Basically, this means that electricity is able to pass through the birds without damaging them.

But what are the reasons why birds are not electrocuted? In short, electricity works on the basis of electrons flowing through conductors. If there are birds on the electrical wire that do not get hit, it means that the bird is not a good conductor of electricity. This means the birds do not allow electricity to flow from the wire into their own body. But how do birds on an electric wire do it?

Birds can sit on power lines because the electrical current essentially ignores the bird's presence and continues to flow through the wire and not through the bird's body. The bird's body is not a good conductor of electricity. Electricity, like water, flows with the least possible resistance. In power lines, electricity flows through copper wires. Copper is an excellent conductor of electricity in the sense that it allows electricity to flow easily over its surface.

The bird, on the other hand, is made up of cells and tissues. These cells and tissues do not provide electricity to the wire in an easier route than the one it is already on. Since the bird's body is not a good conductor of electricity, the electricity essentially ignores the bird on the wire and continues to travel through the copper wire to its destination. In fact, humans also cannot be struck by the current of power lines if we are suspended from the power line with both hands on the line and there are no other grounding objects around us. But don't try to do it yourself, as there are exceptions to these rules.

While birds on power lines are mostly not in real danger, they are out of luck if they accidentally touch another wire and some other objects at the same time. If the second object is an electrical ground wire or a second wire carrying a different voltage, the voltage difference causes current to flow through the bird between the two wires. Electricity moves from a high voltage to a low voltage, just as water moves from a high point to a low point.

A bird or any other living thing that touches a wire (where electricity moves from high voltage to low voltage) and also touches a grounded metal object (a place without voltage) creates a path that allows electricity to pass through the body to a place without tension. When electricity is passed through the body in this way, an electric shock occurs and the bird can die. The level of electric shock will depend on the power line itself, how long the current has flowed through the body, and the overall voltage of the power line.

Close Menu